BENEFITS OF THE SHAR BATCHING SYSTEM
Ø Automatic precision weighing of each raw material directly into the mixing vessel or a small weigh hopper.
Ø Industry proven supreme quality mixing equipment utilizing patented blade technology and innovative design.
Ø Precision mixtures repeatable in both content and blend.
Ø Automatic raw material adds result in cleaner work area and less waste and additional operator safety.
Ø Mix vessel atmosphere can be controlled to reduce odor and emissions into work area.
Ø Batch temperature can be controlled if so desired.
Ø Speed of Mixer and Time of Mix become part of the automatic process.
Ø Correction adds, if required, are much easier
Ø Shar has over 43 years experience in mixing and batching.
Statistical Process Control benefits:
Ø The exact quantity of each raw material put into the batch is documented both on a printed batch ticket and then
Ø to computer memory. Information can easily be imported into a Windows database or Excel via ethernet.
Ø Inventory data history is easily determined by monitoring system memory reports.
Ø Formula additions and corrections are always documented to provide quality control and improvement data.
Labor saving benefits:
Ø The operator is no longer responsible for raw material adds or mixer operation.
Ø The operator does not have to continuously monitor the machine or control mix speeds or times.
Ø One operator can now run multiple mixers.
Ø Operators are no longer handling raw materials, reducing the risk of injuries, contamination and spills.
Ø All of these improvements give the operator an opportunity to increase production by performing other duties..
Ø Equipment is installed in a professional manner using state of the art products and controls.
Ø Manufacturing area is cleaner and raw materials are not stacked in the vicinity of production equipment.
Ø Customers and potential customers can tour production areas that were previously too congested or hazardous.
Your mixing area will Look and Be “State of the art”
SHAR BATCHING SYSTEM FEATURES
- Inputs of up to 32 Scales. Some can be raw material scales.
- Ability to add Small Add and Large Add Ingredients at the same time
- Control of Mixer Speeds.
- Control of Mix Times.
- Capacity of (1000 x 20 line) Formulas
- Up to 200 different Raw Materials with a tolerance setting for each material. This includes automatic and hand adds for both liquid and dry materials.
- Fully Automatic or Manual control of all Functions. To make a manual add the operator selects the material with a rotary dial, enters the desired pounds, and presses the Start button.
- PC software to easily write formulas and download them to the controller via ethernet.
- Printout of batch ticket that records all batch information including:
- time, date and actual quantity of each material addition including manual adds.
- required and actual quantities of each material
- Operator ID
- total batch weight
- any other desired information
- Download of all batch information to PC Spreadsheet or Database to allow for tracking of actual Raw Material used via Ethernet connection to company network.
- Programable Controller screen to show virtually any information in any format.
- Simple operation of system. Operator selects the <Formula Select> screen, types in the formula number, presses <Enter> and presses the <Start> button.
- Password protection of all functions is available.
- The operator can choose to modify the batch size by entering a different percent ie: 50 to make a one-half batch. All material quantities are automatically recalculated.
- A <Stop Batch> button will freeze the batch indefinitely until the <Start> button is pushed.
- If a malfunction causes a <Out of Tolerance>, the system will stop and wait for the operator to accept the error or abort the batch. In the case of an aborted batch, a temporary formula can be written and down loaded, or the remainder of the materials can be added by hand.
- When the formula encounters a material that is not added automatically, the system alerts the operator that it is time to make a <Hand Add>. The system displays the name of the material and the required weight. The actual weight of the material put in is then recorded.
- The system is putting out “Real Time” data so anyone on the network can see materials as they are being added.
- The system includes custom design for each customer, all programming, all software and installation, testing and training at the customer’s plant.